- 12 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Fresh strawberries - the bigger the better
- Graham Cracker crumbs - optional
- Cream together cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add lemon juice and sugar and beat until well combined - and light.
- Place into a piping bag = using a large round tip - such as Wilton's 2A or 230.
- Set aside, or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Wash and dry strawberries, leaving stems intact.
- Stand strawberries on stem end.
- Starting at the tip of the berry, slice the berry nearly in half - stopping just shy of the stem.
- Rotate the berry 90 degrees and repeat - making a cross into the berry.
- The berry should separate just a bit.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling into the berry to desired fullness.
- Gently press the berry together.
- Serve as is, or on a bed of crushed graham crackers.
What could be more decadent than a plate full of fresh strawberries – stuffed with a no bake cheesecake filling? After trying many no-bake cheesecake recipes and not being satisfied with the texture and/or taste of them, I finally came up with this recipe and 3 extra pounds (worth every ounce!). These are so easy to make, and can be put together so quickly, you will want to make them often during strawberry season. The filling can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for several days. . . if it lasts that long! If you choose to serve them with the graham cracker crumbs, be aware that the juice from the berries will cause the crumbs to become soggy if they are left to sit on them for too long. You might want to serve the crumbs along side – almost as a dip. But trust me – the grahams put this treat over the edge!
Be sure and wash your hands before you eat these – because you will want to lick all of the cheesecakey goodness from your fingers when you are done!